Hydrodynamic studies, along with log study and laboratory studies are an integral part of the field development information support.
Areas of activity:
- Planning and design of studies.
- Interpretation of all dynamic well test types.
- Engineering support in terms of quality control for geophysical and hydrodynamic works and studies in wells.
- Development of procedures and guidelines for hydrodynamic studies.
- Participation in creation of design documents with regard to dynamic well test.
- Downhole oil sampling.
Dynamic well test methods:
- Pressure transient test; indicator diagram (ID).
- Repressuring method (pressure recovery curve).
- Well interference testing.
- Thermohydrodynamic imaging of cracks in fracture-type reservoirs.
Data obtained following dynamic well test interpretation:
- Well productivity factor.
Reservoir porosity and permeability properties and bottomhole area state assessment:
- hydraulic permeability
- skin factor
- injection efficiency
- Assessment of collector reservoir matrix participation in reservoir fluid filtration.
- dimensions of non-uniformity areas
- distance to formation boundaries
- fracture lengths etc.
Example of dynamic well test at Severo-Hosedaiuskoye field
model of uniform formation with impermeable boundary (Saphir)
permeability formation with constant pressure boundary (Saphir) (derivative graph).